Monday 15 September 2014

play it safe.

Some people are just soooo ok with all they wear, no limitations. And that's ok…


Patterns can be very overwhelming for some. Lately there seems to have been an explosion. Personally, I love patterns & I am one of those who doesn't mind mixing it up a bit either (though a little tamer than above!) gives me a extra 'oomph' to what I am wearing & often reflects my mind state. The more creative I feel, the more daring my combinations. There is a kind of art form in compiling the juxtaposition of a few patterns together, one is usually more in focus & others play supporting roles, perhaps subtler colours & the introduction of textures, giving even more dimension without being too imposing.




But for those who are shyer in exploring the imposing trend, may I suggest indulging in classic polka dot and mensy stripe. Kept within modern clean lines and neutral colours, it will fit into your closet easily without upsetting your more neutral tendencies.


No comments: