Monday 31 March 2014

clean slate.


There are times when we need to create a clean slate. I prefer this phrase over 'edit' in this context. The idea of really releasing, redrafting, or redirecting. Yes, change. But I am attracted to the idea of making changes that just puts out an entirely new spin. When I saw this picture I thought of more breathing space, like a big sweeping swipe of a brush on a chalkboard. Gone. Sometimes we clutter ourselves on so many levels & we simply can't move forward or let ideas grow beyond the budding  point. I catch myself in state often, especially after a long winter. So a conscious metal kick to my sleeping state/brain is very necessary. 
These type of changes can be very easy or more complex, depending on how much a change you need. At times this can simply mean a new haircut (though, I must admit, not so simple at times) yet very accessible. Changing jobs, moving apartments or moving to another country especially when climates are dramatically different may be the options that will enable you to release the old & help you take on new roles in life. I like going to places where I am unknown. No attachments means there are less limitations. A form of escape if you prefer.

So take a chance at times. Maybe start small. Do you really need to keep all those old tees because once upon a time they meant something to you? Not really. Toss them all out & start fresh with a new selection that will enable you to become another you. I know it's just a tee, but you would be surprised how big a deal a tee can be :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This post comes at a perfect time of course...renewing, regrowth, with the coming of spring. I can't find my one white tee:(. So I just said to myself time to buy 5 new tees:). Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Immaculate said...

Love this post- spring is my time to refresh and de-clutter no matter how painful the process. Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

As much as we know that we need to take action, hearing it again & again helps info to sink into the grey matter. I got inspired to get inspired to write this post this week when I met my friend Peter Koutras, a personal trainer & friend, for a lunch chat :)