Tuesday 25 September 2012

clothes depository.

There are those people who are vigilant about putting all their stuff away asap. And then there are those that just dump their stuff, generally the clothes come off and make their way directly to the floor. Live like a sergeant or an aging university student, or the pile just gets conveniently displaced....hmmm.


    http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-clothes-bed-day-chair-night.jpg


blogDOG says: 'Find something in the middle.'

As much as I love to wash and fold clothes, it is very painful for me to put them away. They sit in my laundry basket for several days, my only consoling thought is that at least they are clean and ready if the need arises. But it still drives me crazy. And when I get home, I usually change into comfortable clothes for lounging around the house, walking my real dog, Vegas. The dirty clothes actually do go directly in the hamper, but the sweater and jeans will probably just get draped on the couch in the bedroom. Yes we are fortunate that we have room for a love seat.
My side, his side.

I have always had a chair of some sort to temporarily deposit clothes I intend on wearing again. The in-between stage, the on hold stage, it justifies my inability to put things away, right away. A chair keeps it off the floor, dust free & fairly unwrinkled. It really is a savior. Find one that suits your room, hopefully something attractive that will decorate the room and has good draping capacity. Below are some fantastic chairs/armchairs to inspire you. I personally like a chair that has a hook/handle like aspect (like the very beautiful turquoise chair) at the backrest, very accommodating for purses and jackets.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/category/furniture/home-furniture.jsp

No comments: