Tuesday 17 June 2014

light fantastic.

Renew. Recycle. Revive.

Key words for today. All about recycling and not necessarily tossing out something too quickly because something shinier caught your eye. Of course recycling clothes is great and donating clothes you no longer want is a fantastic idea (also gives you space for newness!). There are so many people who don't have the cash to buy new and appreciate getting a break and having access to decent used clothes at affordable prices.

And then there is the idea of recycling house stuff. We recently moved into a new house which we demolished completely on the inside (below is stage one of the demolishing). But did hold on to some items which held some promise for future use. Our home came with 2 old chandeliers, not that I was particularly in love with the design but thought maybe a spray paint job might give interesting results. 



Off they went to the basement where they naturally collected dust. I finally took them out when all the dust was gone and proceeded with my new project. Our walk-in closet needed a light fixture & I thought a chandelier would give it a glam vibe. So I bought a can of mat spray paint (for metal), set myself outside & made the tranformation. Love the results!

I was caught unknowingly on camera by my husband while I was working on my project.
                                       

Hard to believe it is the same chandelier.

A revitalized fixture gives a fantastic feel to the walk in closet.






No comments: